- Bluez on android [1 Update]
- Strange StringIndexOutOfBoundsException with TextView(stacktrace contains supportTabandEmoji) [1 Update]
- actiities cascaded [3 Updates]
- How do you work with the new Android ICS desktop shortcut folders from code? [1 Update]
- ask [1 Update]
- [DECT] CAT-iq SDK ? [1 Update]
- Best way to backup app data. [1 Update]
- Check the SMS before send it [1 Update]
- How to proguard my project with library project. [1 Update]
- Non Developers and Google Play Graphics - Allowed to Use ? [1 Update]
- PC can not recognise usb devices after disable USB Tethering function [1 Update]
- Confused with C2DM [1 Update]
- emulator size [1 Update]
- Android App [1 Update]
- Testing an Accessibility service [1 Update]
- Button in listitem in listview unclickable [1 Update]
- I want to incorporate facial recognition into my authentication [1 Update]
- Qualcomm Labs: New SDK in private BETA for Android [1 Update]
- How to develop a free sms application to send through android device with a gateway of way2sms or 160by2....etc .kind of sites [1 Update]
- sending DTMF tones on active calls in android [1 Update]
- BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray *not* failing on a corrupt jpg file [2 Updates]
- CursorAdapter not works on Android 4 [1 Update]
- I-Sheng Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org> Jun 01 09:41AM +0800
You might be. However, the rooted device will be needed for accessing the
bluez through NDK.
- koji <email@example.com> May 31 06:10PM -0700
So maybe the TextView is modified by manufacturer.
- Rafael Freitas <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 03:29PM -0300
Jags, try this..
Intent intent = new Intent(getApplicationContext(),
- Rishabh Agrawal <email@example.com> Jun 01 12:07AM +0530
May i know where your exact problem.
- Rishabh Agrawal <firstname.lastname@example.org> Jun 01 12:02AM +0530
- jasondavidcarr <email@example.com> May 31 01:34PM -0700
Trying to figure out how to create, modify, and delete the desktop
shortcut folders that are new to ICS. I've found examples on how to
create application shortcuts (of course), but I can't find any
information on how to work with the new ICS folders. Anyone have any
I would expect that the "com.android.launcher.action.INSTALL_SHORTCUT"
intent action would be used, but I have no idea where to go from
there, as that works with application shortcuts, not folders...
Thanks in advance!
- animator404 <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 03:20AM -0700
hi! i am beginner. can you help me? what does this line mean "public
class MyfistOWNActivity extends Activity"?
- mbmessaoud <email@example.com> May 31 06:31AM -0700
Is there an SDK to develop application in order to make a DECT CAT-iq
call using a DECT CAT-iq android phone like Speedphone 700
- "João Souza" <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 06:05AM -0700
I´d rather to backup my app data in a separated file instead of let
this feature in users hands.
My indecision at this moment lies basically on these ways:
1 - Just get a copy of my app .db file.
I think this is not so good because whenever my data structure
changes in any upgrade, my backup´s lost.
2 - Generate a text file, anything like CSV.
By this way the structure data control should be done manually.
3 - Generate a JSON string of all data into a file.
Better structure data control.
4 - Serialize my data and objects into a file.
Better structure data control.
Which one do you think is the best way, or even, anyone of you has a
better way to backup my app data?
Thanks in advance.
- TalyssonOC <email@example.com> May 31 11:46AM -0700
I would like to know how to get the content of a SMS when the user hit the
"Send" button and call a method that can refuse (or not) to send that SMS.
- 林思然 <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 30 08:46PM -0700
After updated to adt18, I can't proguard my project.
- psyfiAPPS_Guy <email@example.com> May 30 06:05PM -0700
Recently I was advised by Apple that people who are non developers, that is
to say, those who have not registered with Apple as iOS Developers, have
not entered into any of the developer agreements with Apple and so are not
permitted to use the "*Available on the AppStore*" badges or graphics to
However, Amazon Support has advised me that I...
"can provide badges to the third parties who are not developers but who will promote the apps you're creating once they are published in the Amazon Appstore."
I've reviewed all the comparable information about branding on the Android site (see following link) and have no idea what their position is on this question.
I emailed Google about this matter, of course without reply.
Any one have any idea what their position might be?
- "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> May 30 08:59PM -0700
Enable USB Tethering function by by Navigating through UI "Settings---
>Wireless & networks---> Tethering &portable
hotspot-- ->USB Tethering" ,it work well.but sometimes when i disable
it.it still in my device manager,and will not
disappear any more unless i restart my computer(the computer can not
be restarted unless i press power key).why
and what can i do?
- Ichsan <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 05:00AM -0700
I'm currently learning how to use C2DM. But I still got confused about
concept of "sender" and "client login".
*# The sender*
Do I have to create an email account e.g. email@example.com? It seems
that one email is for one app only (e.g. package = ichsan.myapp). Is it
*# Client login*
How to create client login? Google says that I should use OAuth 2. But I
still failed to use it. This is my steps. Would you please check if they're
I log out from my personal email and log in as firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Create a client ID
Since my application server is going to push message into Google C2DM
server, I create a client id for my application server. I go to
https://code.google.com/apis/console to create a client. This client type
is "Installed Application". I get a client ID = CLNT123
2. Open C2DM service.
Sadly I cannot find it. I skip this part. Is it Okay?
# Getting a token
curl -k -d
But I got redirect (so I run it in browser instead). Should my application
server follow that redirect to get the token? How long I a valid token last?
I got token TOKEN123
# Push a message
As my app started and registered itself using email@example.com as
sender, I got error: Can not find the API. I'm sure I've download all
libraries available for Android 2.2 and 4.0. Did I miss something?
If this succeed, is the following snippet the correct way to test pushing a
curl -k -H "Authorization: Bearer TOKEN123" --trace curl_trace.txt -d
"registration_id=GENERATED_MYAPP_REG_ID" -d "data.message=something to
talk" -d collapse_key=0 https://android.apis.google.com/c2dm/send
- ravi krishna matha <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 06:39AM -0700
I was using the emulator i accidentally made some random clicks on the
mouse, and the size of the emulator has reduced, half of the
information is visible and the rest is cut, can anyone tell me why
this is happening??? and how to rectify it
- NjZone <email@example.com> May 30 10:52PM -0700
"Android Screenshot Library (ASL) provides means for taking snapshots
of phone's screen without the need for signing your application or
having privileged (root) access to the Android system. It is intended
primarly for taking screenshots used for testing, debugging and
- Michael Giambalvo <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 04:09PM -0700
I have an accessibility service as described here:
I would like to create tests for my service. Since my service reads
window content using AccessibilityNodeInfo objects, I'm most
interested in testing that it does the right thing with screen
changes. As far as I can tell, a regular ServiceTestCase won't work
for me, since I don't want control over the lifecycle of my service.
Instead, it looks as though my service is started when the system's
AccessibilityManagerService binds to it and sends a "setConnection"
message. I would like to be able to have the system invoke my service
in the same way during testing. However, when I use test project that
instruments the project containing my accessibility service, the
service never seems to start - I'm guessing because running under
instrumentation blocks the normal lifecycle?
Is anyone else dealing with this issue? Right now, I can write tests
without instrumentation - basically I have a test project that moves
between some test screens. I start my accessibility service
separately and query it through an external interface. However, if
possible I'd like a way to be able to run tests in the same process as
my accessibility service and have things still work as expected.
- mizyeh <email@example.com> May 30 11:32PM -0700
I found a weird scenario which is button in listitem in listview are
unclickable unless scroll listview to the last listitem,
after some research seems the problem is occurred by the layout
If you move Listview into the Relativelayout1 it will work fine.
you may see exactly what happens by download this sample project .
- Varghese George <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 30 10:22PM -0700
Try OpenCV. http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/
- Varghese George
- rolandal <email@example.com> May 30 12:20PM -0700
Hey all -
I do Product Management & Business Development for the ContextBETA SDK
at Qualcomm Labs.
We are currently in Private Beta and looking for a handful of
developers to take a look at our SDK. We will be going commercial
later this summer.
Our ContextBETA SDK (user opt-in) will allow your app to do:
- Always-On Geofencing (Low power ~4%, far better than native Android
location change event)
- Interest Sensing (Allows your app to get the Age Gender Income of a
- Image Recognition (Think QR Code, but anything can be the target
(image, poster, billboard etc)
- Contextual Push (At a location (50m), At an audience (target by
inferred AGI), At a time)
Web-backend to visually see what the SDK can do (can do all calls
natively as well in-app)
If you want more info, you can reach me on twitter: @rolandal
Also, you can sign up at: http://context.qualcommlabs.com
- Varghese George <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 01:24AM -0700
I think you will need an api from way2sms.co or whichever site you
intend to use. and i don't think they will provide an api coz, their
major income is from the ads displayed on the site. So, try contacting
the website admins, if they agree, you're in luck.
- Varghese George
On May 30, 12:15 pm, Ganesh Vadlakonda <ganesh.v.ko...@gmail.com>
- hardik joshi <email@example.com> May 30 11:26PM -0700
I want to know first in android it is possible to send DTMF tones in
- Nathan <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 05:21PM -0700
> Is it possible to you to get a checksum of the image before the file
No, I don't control the server(s). So unless they already send this in
the http headers. . .
But I did make more progress on the prevention case. It is failing on
HttpEntity.writeto. We do detect that failure, but if a partial file
has been written we might find it later and think it is valid. It's
best to delete it right away.
But if not, there appears to be no way after the fact to know that it
is invalid. I wonder how Gallery knows to reject it.
- Nathan <email@example.com> May 31 05:24PM -0700
> On some 2.3.x version it was worse: a corrupted image could make native
> decoding functiond block forever
Well, that could definitely be happening to some of my customers, and
could explain some freezes that I have never explained.
- arnouf <firstname.lastname@example.org> May 31 09:44AM -0700
My application using a class extending CursorAdapter. It works correctly on
Android 2. But application is running on Android 4 I get a NoClassDefFound
on cursoradapter class.
I tried to use compatibility package 4 but same thing.
Do you have an idea to create an app compatible with Android 2, 3 and 4,
using cursor adapter ?? Do I test SDK version ?
Thanks for your help.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group android-developers.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at